For the added convenience of being able to air-up or air-down your tires to accommodate various types of terrain, a Smittybilt Air Compressor is the most powerful compression unit in its class with a 1/3 horsepower oil-less direct drive motor and a 30 amp inline fuse.
Climbing over rocks, tearing down a rugged slope, blazing a trail through mud and undergrowth-all of these are bound to challenge your tires and eventually lead to one slipping off the rim or blowing out. The last thing you need is to be stranded while off-roading, so a good air compressor is a must-have for jeepers.
The Value of an Air Compressor
Out in the wilderness, you know that help is far away if your rig gives out on you. Carrying or mounting the right equipment can be vital in helping you get back home. Portable air compressors, spare tires and tire patch kits are part of the essentials for off-road maintenance.
Not only does having an air compressor on hand let you repair or replace tires when needed, it also lets you adjust tire pressure to best meet what lies ahead.
With some types of terrain-for instance, sand, snow, mud or sharp rocks-partially deflating your tires is actually the right idea, improving traction and reducing the risk of punctures.
A brand like Smittybilt will give you the highest CFM 12V air compressor you need, meaning adjustments and repairs are quick even for heavy-duty tires, putting you back on track sooner.
- Universal application
- 5.65 CFM (Cubic foot per minute) air intake
- Powerful 12V motor
- Quick release 24 foot coil hose
- Maximum continuous cycle time (duty cycle) – 40 minutes at 40 psi at 75 degrees Fahrenheit
- Heavy-duty easy clip connectors
- Maximum airflow – 160 Liters per minute
- Integrated easy to read 150 PSI pressure gauge
- Auto-thermal cutoff switch – protects motor against damage
- 10 foot power cord
- Includes nylon storage bag